Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/01/23

Always tired and sleepy

I am 7-8 weeks pregnant.I have not yet gone to see the gynae coz my appointment is only in two weeks time.I am worried because i am feeling so tired and sleepy these days.By the time i get home after work,all i want to do is relax and sleep.I don't do anything tiring at work.Infact i sit in my office almost the whole day so i don't understand why i feel so weak and tired.My morning sickness is more like night sickness coz in the morning im so fresh but by late afternoon i just start feeling nausea and tired.I really don't know if this is normal.I even thought that i could be carrying twins coz of how i feel and my tummy is already growing at the top(closer to my breasts) but im not showing and i hope i won't show until very late.Any advice is welcome.

This is quite normal. It is an effect of the pregnancy hormones. Try to rest when you can and take a vitamin supplement such as Pregnavit.

1
Posted by: www | 2004/01/23

Hi worried,

The constant and intense tiredness you're feeling is probably the most common complaint especially in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy at it is completely normal and nothing to worry about.

Each and every pregnancy is different in terms of how you experience it and how quickly you start "showing". I only started showing at about 20 weeks and only I only really "looked" pregnant after 25 weeks, so you you'll have to wait and see how it is for you. Your baby is still behind your pelvic bone, so for you to be starting to have a tummy from the top down, is probably not because of pregnancy - your uterus grows from the bottom up, so to speak.

The morning-sickness in the afternoon or evening is also perfectly normal. Most people don't actually have morning sickness in the morning.

Your gynae will be able to put your mind at ease about all these things, but meanwhile, it really doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.

Reply to www