Question
Posted by: taz | 2008/01/28

ALWAYS HUNGRY!!!!!

I am 27, female, healthy enough (not overweight), exercise regularly (cycling, walking), good job, happy home life, most importantly - not pregnant - but I am always hungry!

I try to eat breakfast (although it doesn't seem to help), I have a decent lunch - salad/sandwiche, but as soon as I get home in the evening I just eat whatever is in sight. Even after breakfast / lunch I just want to eat more! I have put on a few kilos in the last few weeks so I can't carry on like this. What can I do? What can I eat for the sake of it that won't make me put on weight? I am not a fruit and veg fan otherwise I would munch on that all day. I always want chips or bread or other 'bad' foods.

Dear Taz
If you are constantly hungry this could be an indication that you are not eating sufficient low-fat, low-GI carbohydrates. Eating breakfast is important, so don't skip this most essential meal of the day. Try to include a low-fat, low-GI carb and a low-fat protein with each meal. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI.