Question
Posted by: Drinker | 2007/05/23

Always Forgot ..

Dear Doc. I don't should I say my brain is impared due to my weekends drinking.! When I drunk I have a tendency of hiding my belonging in fear of them being used by someone elese, but this has turned to be a monster to my life coz the following day I will be searching and serching till I giveup coz I wont remember where did I hide my own things...!!

I still remeber one day I hide my wallet with all of my bank cards, till today I dont know where did I hide my wallet and I had to aply for new bank cards.

Suturday I separated some money for my birthday and placed it somewhere, till today I don't know where did I put it.!

Last week sunday I took my jacket and hang it into the wardrobe the following day I was searching for it in my car till my wife came and ask ......., she then told me that I placed it into the wardrobe yesterday.!!

What iheck s going on....??

Dear Drinker
You are probably developing brain damage due to your drinking. One of the problems of chronic binging over weekends is the development of Korsakoff syndrome, which causes you to lose short term memory and can cause psychiatric disease. See this article:http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/dementia/a/aa990714.htm
If you don't want to end up in a psychiatric ward one day, I think you should think about seeing your GP to get help. You already have some of the early symptoms!