Question
Posted by: Janine | 2012/06/27

ALTERNATIVE TO AMITRIPTYLINE

Hi, I am trying to get off amitriptyline due to bad memory, concentration etc. Tried to phase in herbal meds for anxiety but bad nausea. Is there a better option than amitriptyline with less side effects?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Janine - Yes, there are multiple options, but this will depend on what the Amitriptyline was prescribed for. I advise against OTC medicines meds for depression/anxiety, since some may interact with the said Amitriptyline. Best would be to ask your doctor for a more suitable option and then switch between the treatments as prescribed by your GP.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/09

I have no idea why the doctor prescribed Amitriptyline in the first place. It was given to me with my rheumatoid arthritis meds and now I am so dependent on it that I cannot fall asleep without it.

Posted by: rathna | 2012/07/18

i just want to know whether it will/ r/not cause the deafness that''s all

Reply to rathna
Posted by: rathna | 2012/07/18

please let me know whether amitri ptyline can cause /aggrevate the existing dafness

Reply to rathna
Posted by: rathna | 2012/07/18

i am on usage of amitriptyline and i am suffering from deafness/dependency

Reply to rathna