Posted by: PARROT | 2008/07/04

alternative medication

I am using cipralex and mirtreton to controll anxiety attacks. My medical aid does not pay for the medicine. I am retiring shortly and are anxious that I will not be able to afford the medicine. Is there generic medicines available that is suitable to treat my condition?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

You'd do best, while still on your medical aid, to visit a fresh and good local psychiatrist for a full assessment, a clear diagnosis and treatment plan, and discuss with him / her the issue of retirement and generics. I see no reason at all to use Cipralex and such expensive drugs for treating anxiety in this sort of situation and there are similarly efefctive generic equivalents --- and CBT counslling could help a great deal, and with lasting benefits

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.