Question
Posted by: suzette | 2003/12/03

alternative for Lipitor

I have been struggling with high cholesterol and have been using Lipitor 10mg, then 20 mg and now 40mg My cholesterol is still at 7.2. I have started using Questran-lite as well and would like to know the following:
1. Will I be able to lower my cholesterol with the questran-lite
2. As an alternative for Lipitor which is the best to use:
Adco-simvastatin 40mg ; Rolab- Bezafibrate 400mg or Simvacor 20mg. I need to go over to cheaper alternatives for Lipitor as I need to stretch my chronic medication benefits. Thank you

Suzette, the best would be to up your Lipitor to 60mg in the evening as it’s by far the strongest cholesterol lowering drug on a milligram for milligram basis. 60mg Lipitor® is roughly equal to 120mg simvastatin. You will also have to make sure that you take it at least 4 hours after the Questran® lite. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.