Question
Posted by: hage | 2006/07/30

alternative cancer treatment

I have mouth and throat cancer. My next proposed procedure is the removal of the cheekbone and then Radiation and Chemotherapie treatment of the lingual wall nerve and surounding areas. My survival chances were given at around 20%. What alternatives to this conventional method are available?

Dear Hage
Your surgeon should have discussed ALL your options with you before you decided together what the next step will be. It depends on what kind of cancer you have - adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma? For some cancers they operate as they do not react good to chemo or radiation. Others they will rather treat with medication rather than operation.
Read this article and speak to your doctor before you make your decision:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cancer-treatment/CA00027