Question
Posted by: Sad | 2004/01/29

Alone

why are we left to our own devices when we REALLY need God?

Why when you live your life the "correct" christian way, more bad luck hits you than good? Why when you are a loving warm blooded human being, you have absolute NO friends?

I am so alone. No one can help me. I have tried again & again to get help. I have been praying nonstop for 2 years, no answer from HIM.

Why is it HIS Will that I must feel like this?...HE knows that I want to be happy and I've asked for HIS help but HE ignores me.

I though that HE loves HIS children & carries them when they can't walk anymore...

Dear Sad,
We can hear how disheartened and gloomy you feel, and it really sounds as if you are Depressed, hough you don't mention having had good treatment for Depression, which should be able to help a lot. Similarly, counselling, to focus on sdharing the burden of these bad feelings, and exploring alternative and ahppier ways of living in this situation, should be tried. Of course I can't speak for HIM, but I'm sure you deserve to be happy, and can be happy --- and if you don't give up, and persist in seeking expert help, you eventually can and will be happy, as you deserve.
You might find it helpful to seek a brilliant small paperback book I often recommend to people I work with, by a great religious writer, CS Lewis, called A Grief Observed. It is the notes he made during his profound grief after his wife died, written at the time, and includes how he felt he was losing his faith, how he felt bitter towards God, and how he recovered deeper understanding of his faith and understood the experience. Great, sinple, deep and profound writing.

10
Posted by: JESS | 2004/01/30

Our Lord will carry u thru any trials.... I have great testimony to that!!!!!
I prayed and prayed and prayed for 2 years for a home which I could afford...all the homes were coming up, I could not afford them, I received a call saying there was a home for sale and I should go and look. I went ..took one look and said No way I would never afford that...a beautiful home in a lovely suburb and a gorgeous granny flat and yard.. I took a chance..phoned the Estates Agent and Asked "HOW MUCH" (holding breathe) well I paid R230,000 for my beautiful home. (Our Lord gave me much much more than I bargained for) I am now living in my new Home and enjoying it.
Our God provides...not in Your time..but in HIS !!!
KEEP PRAYING MY FRIEND KEEP PRAYING. He will carry you through.

Reply to JESS
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/01/29

Jesus felt the same while he was dying on the cross - just remember that there is a bigger plan behind all of it.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: tebogo | 2004/01/29

Alone

You have received positive and good advice from everyone, so take it and always know that you are not the only one who had this experience. When I feel lonely I drink and though It is not resolving any of my problems or soothing my pain, I got used to it and loved it.

Unlike me you are strong and able to stand up and seek advice from other people. It is a good sign the Lord is on your side right now that is why you must always pray (I sound like my mother).

Life is not easy to live. God loves you and me that I am sure of.

Smile

Reply to tebogo
Posted by: Go-Go | 2004/01/29

My dearest friend never never say you are alone ,if you walk with the Lord you have a friend to talk to but not to make love with,I know that is my problem but at least I am inlove with my Lord. Many a time I look at my self i and ask my self but what is the matter that man dont find me attractive and yet we are great friends, but no man in my life, but I am accepting now that is how God wants me to be. What will be will be when the time is wright, BUT time is running out on me I am getting old, but dont despeare God has a plan for you.

Reply to Go-Go
Posted by: oh! | 2004/01/29

You need to believe in yourself. only you can change your life for the better. So start to believe in yourself right now, it will make all the differance!!

Reply to oh!
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/01/29

dear girl

all christians feel the way you do at the moment
but it's a dangerous place to be at - seek help from your sporitual leaders or els you will live a life of hell

pls seek help

i know of a good web site - it's not so active but they will help
if you are a little patient- let me know if you need the adres

take care

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Storm | 2004/01/29

Hi Sad,

I have been on the same road as you. But God does test your faith, but he will never leave you. Just be strong and keep praying. He knows what is good for you, and he will give it to you when the time is right. Maybe you have to learn something from all of this. I also went through a bad patch the last few months. But I learned a lot from it. Don't be down, put a big smile on your face, and tell God that you are willing to walk this road with him. But he must help you. If you wish to chat some more then mail me if you like. sashtoyou@hotmail.com.

Reply to Storm
Posted by: Paul | 2004/01/29

Hey Sad,

Firstly cheer up because there are others out there that know where you are coming from. I feel this very often, but even though I feel like that - a higher part of me knows that He knows and sees it all. Tis true what you say I am yet to meet a satanist or atheist or other non-God conforming person who has financial worry, who is alone or who has a need for anything. Its us the "good" guys that suffer.

At least it makes us strong and wise and I still beleive there is a "reward" if you may at the end of all this shit.

Keep beleiving.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Cityman | 2004/01/29

Hi Sad

I really know how you feel. I tend to feel the same way. I'm always thinking if it would be better if I become a "bad" person. Seems like the people that live the life on the wide road are the happy ones with lots of friends.
God teaches us to be humble as Christians and we should be humble in the face of what happens to us.
I suppose you've thought about it as much as me. I feel almost just as bad if not 10 times worse.
Life can be so strange - seems like the more you try the more you lag behind.
Any case - just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel and you shouldn't give up. Christians will always have a tough life but the reward will be worth it!

Reply to Cityman
Posted by: Understanding | 2004/01/29

Hi Alone,

When I read your posting I felt a sense of deja vu (spelling!!)... I can't say I know exactly what you're going through, but God does, and while you might think that he's forgotten you, and nothing is going right for you, God knows exactly what you're going through. He hasn't forgotten you, and what you're going through right now will only make you stronger. Remember that when God put's you to the test, he will always be there to carry you through the tough times.

Reply to Understanding