Question
Posted by: Jacqui | 2004/11/12

Allergy/Sinus

Hi Doc, me again. Thanks for yesterday. I have another problem. My eldest daughter (14) has seen our doctor 2x this year, he said she has sinus/allergy. Both times went on antibiotics, nasal spray and all types of medication. I took her to physio which went well but she started up again on Monday this week. On Wednesday the physiotherapist tried acupuncture, which didn't work. She is so sick (nose running & so red, lots of phlegm, coughing, temp is fine & just feeling & looking ill) I couldn't send her to school. I phoned & will have to go & see him, he spoke about putting her on another type of nasal spray??? I don't know what to do as this is costing alot of money! PLEASE DOC what advise can you give?
Thank you!!

Jacqui, if it is due to an allergy the best would be to give her a steroid nasal spray and then to add an antihistamine tablet like Deselex®. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Jacqui | 2004/11/18

Doc, thanks for the info.

Just one question is steriod nasal spray harmfull if taken over a long period.

Reply to Jacqui