Question
Posted by: Eina in Love | 2004/10/11

Allergy to semen and latex

I am in the unfortunate position of being allergic to both semen and latex.

My partner and I still have a wonderful - truly wonderful, knee trembling - physical relationship but I still find this an uncomfortable and painful problem from time to time. My partner is willing to try anything that would help me and we are considering looking into a vasectomy if it would help. However, is the protein that I suspect I am allergic to in the excreted semen even if the actual sperm is not present?

Please, help!

Eina in Love

There are many condoms on the market that are not made of latex, why not look at polyurethane products, such as Femidom, Reality. Maybe you need to look at my article on VENIS and outercourse in the archives.

Dr Elna McIntosh