Question
Posted by: CG | 2004/11/24

Allergy / stroke experience

I rushed my mom (age 59) to hospital yesterday, but they sent her home after prescribing anti-histamine. I am still concerned about her experience prior to the hospital visit. It seems the ordeal lasted for a few minutes - excessive sweating, left hand stiff and contracted inwards, unable to speak, trembling sensation throughout the body. Could this have been stroke related? Allergic reaction? Should I get her to a cardiologist?
Many thanks

CG, it might have been a allergic reaction, but it might also have been due to an electrolyte disturbance, a neurological problem (including a stroke), but I doubt that it was due to her heart. The best would be for her to see a specialist physician and have him make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.