Question
Posted by: anon | 2004/09/21

Allergy?? please help!!

Hi, please can u help! I seem to develope an allergy of sorts in summer. My entire body feels itchy and if I tend to rub or scratch said parts eg arm I end up with huge welts. this seems to occur especially during hot weather, recently it feels like my whole body is scratchy and there's not much I can do but scratch. I've tried an antihistamine cream and that didn't seem to hep-previously I used to take allergex and that helped but only for that time. I've tried bathing with dettol as well but no luck. Is there anything that u could recommend-do I need to monitor my diet? or should I just stay clear of the sun? please help as this is really becoming a problem! many thanks

Anon, it is possible to allergic to sunlight or heat, but it doesn’t sound like it is the problem in your case. It sounds like it might be due to an environmental allergen like pollen. You can try taking and antihistamine like Clarinese® or Deselex® every day and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn’t the best would be to see your doctor about it. Good luck.