Question
Posted by: Nono | 2005/07/14

Allergy- bottle-neck jerseys-.. allergex tablets

Hi ladies

i am 8 weeks preggies, and I've developed a very itchy rash/"patches" on my neck, and some were even no my face (around the mouth), but they went away after i started taking allergex tablets. Someone said i could be having an allergic reaction to wool, coz I wear a lot of bottle-neck jerseys, etc.. and to be honest, when I don't wear any bottle-necks, it gets better.. now my question is: is it safe to keep taking the tablets even when I'm preggies?

PS: I've had this rash before- a while back, and the dr gave me the same allergex, hence I don't see the point of waiting R100, whereas I can buy the pills for R6 at the chermist.

Thanking you in anticipation.

A topical cream would be a better idea.

2
Posted by: Tracy | 2005/07/14

Hi Nono

I would steer clear of the Allergex.

Call you Dr and find out if there is something else you can take. I am not too sure if there is anything though especially so early in the pregnancy.

Maybe stop wearing the woll jerseys and see if there is a change. Maybe wear a poloneck under the jersey so the wool does not touch your skin?! Not sure.

Good luck. -

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Ann | 2005/07/14

Hi Nono
You should really speak to your doctor as far as i know Allergex is not safe during pregnancy ,I used to live of the stuff -i suffer from terrible hay fever,and i was told Not to use it at all.

Hope this helps
Ann

Reply to Ann