Posted by: jacko | 2007/05/03


peanut allregy.foods to avoid.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Jacko
Because of the potential seriousness of peanut allergy, I would strongly urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet for you that avoids peanuts. The problem with current labelling in SA is that food manufacturers put 'Traces of nuts' on practically every label to protect themselves against litigation. If the proposed new Food Labelling Regulations come into effect in the not too distant future (but we don't yet know when this will be), manufacturers will have to test foods and will only be allowed to state 'Traces of nuts' if the product really contains such traces. For more information visit the SA Allergy Association Website at: and click on 'Diet at the top of this page and 'Food-related disease' and read the articles on 'Peanut Allergies'.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.