Posted by: Mandy | 2007/04/04


My daughter has beeen tested (skin tests and for milk blood test) for different allergies. The most recent was the milk, we have discovered that she is allergic to soya, peanut, citrus, egg, milk, tress, cat and iodine. Is there a specialist that deals with allergies that would be able to do a full testing and sort out extactly what she is allergic to. It would seem that as soon as we uncover one another one brakes out. If she does have all these allergies would the specialist be able to recomed what she would have to eat or would we have to see a nutritionist. At the moment we are at a loss and she does not know what can or cannot be eaten.

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Mandy
Yes I agree, she needs to see an allergologist. Contact The Allergy Society of South Africa
P.O.Box 88
Observatory 7935
Cape Town
South Africa Tel: +27 (0)21 - 4479019
Fax: +27 (0)21 - 4480846
They will probably be able to refer you to someone near you.
I know that the UCT Lung institute has an allergy clinic, as well as the Clinton hospital in Alberton
62 Clinton Road,
New Redruth,
Tel: +27 (0) 11 724 2300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 724 2458

There is also a very good doctor at 1 military hospital at the pediatric department

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.