Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2007/04/04

allergies

My daughter has beeen tested (skin tests and for milk blood test) for different allergies. The most recent was the milk, we have discovered that she is allergic to soya, peanut, citrus, egg, milk, tress, cat and iodine. Is there a specialist that deals with allergies that would be able to do a full testing and sort out extactly what she is allergic to. It would seem that as soon as we uncover one another one brakes out. If she does have all these allergies would the specialist be able to recomed what she would have to eat or would we have to see a nutritionist. At the moment we are at a loss and she does not know what can or cannot be eaten.

Mandy.

Dear Mandy
Yes I agree, she needs to see an allergologist. Contact The Allergy Society of South Africa
P.O.Box 88
Observatory 7935
Cape Town
South Africa Tel: +27 (0)21 - 4479019
Fax: +27 (0)21 - 4480846
They will probably be able to refer you to someone near you.
I know that the UCT Lung institute has an allergy clinic, as well as the Clinton hospital in Alberton
62 Clinton Road,
New Redruth,
Alberton,
1448
Tel: +27 (0) 11 724 2300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 724 2458

There is also a very good doctor at 1 military hospital at the pediatric department