Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2007/03/22

Allergies

I suffer from an allergy to dogs and take antihistimines (Lorahist)and use nasal spray (Fluxenase) on a regular basis. Is this bad for your health and does one need to take a break every now and then? My eyes itch and I get a blocked or runny nose as well as sometimes asthma if I don't use the relevant medication. (and there is no way I can live without my dog!)

Dear Mandy
Join the club ;-) - I sniff my Beconase and drink my Loratidine every day to cuddle my cats at night! The nasal cortisone only works local - can sometimes cause nose bleeding, and one can sort of get resistant to the Lorahist and have to now and then just change to another kind for a few months ( like Zyrtec) .
But you can use it!