Question
Posted by: jo | 2004/11/17

allergic to so much-what can i take?

i have just had a kidney infection and the hospital gave me Ciprobay--only to realize that i am allergic!! they gave me a Fennegan injection ,which made it much better .i am now on Rubimycin-250 ,thing is im also allergic to:penicillin,morphine,ophiates,sulphas. is there other other medication i should be carefull of?is Panado the safest i can take for a hadache?i also would like to know about the surgery they want me to have-they want to change the length of the bladder pipes,because i have reflux-how is this done?and is it safe,any complications?

Jo, it is impossible for me to list all the medicines you can safely take. The best would be to tell everyone you’re allergic to quinolones, penicillin, opiates and sulphas before take any medicines. If you want to try a stronger painkiller than Panado® you can try something like Tramacet®
The operation involves cutting out the excess “tube” and joining it again. This is usually done via a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery). Good luck.