Question
Posted by: jo | 2004/11/19

allergic to lots of meds!what to take?

hi
i am allergic to penicillin,morphine,quinolones,opiates and sulphas-i asked the cyberdoc and he said i could take Tramacet if i need something stronger than panado,what is tramacet and is it available over the counter?and what is the cost.?
could you tell me if there are any simmilarities in all the stuff im allergic to?where can i get a medic alert and does my doc have to fil it in?i
thank you

Expert ImagePharmacist

Jo,

Tramacet is only available on prescription and contains paracetamol and Tramadol, an atypical opioid with a low affinity for opioid receptors that may have less side-effects than the typical opioids such as morphine.
Regarding the medic alert bracelet - Ask your doc, your nearest pharmacy or visit www.medicalert.org for subscription details.