Question
Posted by: Fancy | 2005/12/01

Allergic to Latex

I have a friend who says she is allergic to Latex and because of this her partner cannot use a condom during intercourse. I'm very concerned, what other methods can be used for protection! This would be to prevent any STD or AIDS from her partners.

Thanks,

She could try to get latex free condoms. They are not available in SA but can be ordered from overseas on the internet. The other option is the female condom.

1
Posted by: Lelo | 2005/12/01

Hi Fancy

I'm no Doc, but I can relate to what your friend is saying- at least partly.. Whenever I use condows I ALWAYS get a very itchy and burning feeling in my vagina afterwards.. every single time! Most people don't take me seriously coz they think I'm just looking to an excuse to careless, but believe you me, it worries me more than anyone could ever know!
Yes, I continue to use protection when I have to, but I have to put up with this irritation every single time..

Hope the doc can give us other alternatives!!!

Reply to Lelo