Posted by: G | 2011/10/24

Allergic reaction on face

Hi Doc

I used a facial product for 2 days which I got an allergic reaction to, I immediately stopped using it but after my face esp eyes started swelling which subsequently went down, my face is now red itchy and very dry (even peeling on places) around my nose, chin &  lips. What do you recommend I use??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi G, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would need to examine the skin before deciding on the best treatment option.

From your description it certainly sounds like an allergic reaction with a resultant dermatitis.
Your best option would be to see your family doctor who can examine the skin and prescribe the best topical dermatitis product for you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.