Posted by: Emma | 2009/02/26

All these names.....

Hi CS,

I am so sorry to read bad news about your Durban flat. Nobody needs those problems in life.
I noticed the other day that on my script from my shrink it says: Specialist Psychiatrist. Can you tell me what that means. I have only known of psychiatrist or psychologist before now.
I just want to add that my meds has helped me a whole lot over the last three months - I have even started exercising - something I have not done in over 4 years. I do still get " down days"  but generally I feel good.

Thank you for your time.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Interesting question, Emma, bu in fact it has no special significance. Everyone who is properly trained and qualified as a psychiatrist is a Specialist, just as a Dermatologist or Surgeon is a specialist. Pleased o hea your meds have ben helping, and that you have been starting exercise --- I hope to do that again, too, before too long ! After a major depression, one often forgets what it's like to be normal, but that includes having some days that aren't as good as others.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.