Question
Posted by: Trish | 2005/11/18

All messed up

Hi everyone,I need some advice,support,anything as I feel like I'm sinking into depression.My now ex-bf slept with my best friend early last year and I actually found out about it in September as he posted a msg in this forum.He broke up with me 4 days after Valentines bcos although I forgave him, I couldn't forget, financially he couldn't cope anymore (although I took on a second job to pay for our social life), and he wanted to go overseas.I gave him his wish, moved back home to my parents (at the age of 29) and gave up my independence bcos I could no longer afford to live by myself bcos of the debt that I now carried and still do through having to pay for both of us most of the time. The fact that my increase was not passed this year due to internal politics has not helped my situation at all. My ex was in contact with this girl while still with me, claimed they were just e-mail buddies and now 8 months later, he finally met her, she has fallen pregnant and they have only been together for 1 month.His family is still so close to me as I was with him for almost 5 years and I know it is hard for all of them and have been supportive, even to him. There is this guy that I've met that treats me like a princess but the minute he get's too close, I get scared. I feel that I'm happier being single but it may just be fear. The way I feel I'm too unstable and messed up to start another relationship. I just don't know which way to turn. Help please.

YOu gave that guy FAr, far too much, and expected far, far too little. Leave him to his new woman, and consider yourself lucky to be rid of him. Take time to recover from this affront, and don't rush into your next relationship

2
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/11/18

Be decent enough to tell him the truth about how you feel. Don't give him false hope. Let him know where he stands and where you stand and then youi can both decide what next. Don't deceive him. Seriously, the right thing to do is to speak to him. Perhaps you should look into some counselling to deal with the pain of the past relationship. good luck.

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/11/18

Looks like ignore Trish day. I think that you should just take it easy. Let him know you are not ready without telling you life story. Women generally has a way of letting a man know they are interested without immediately jumping into a relationship. I think you should be open with him and not push him away with excuses. He may be more understanding than you think.

Reply to Jakes