Question
Posted by: Lone tree | 2007/08/02

All I need is a yes or no, Please!!

Please help, all I need is a yes or no. My last period was 9 July, ovulation would have been around the 22/23, we had unprotected sex on the 29th. Could I be pregnant? Everyone keeps telling me to wait till the 6th to see if I miss a period but i cant handle waiting that long - im worrying myself sick. All i need is a yes its possible or a No.

Yes it is possible. Ovulation does not always occur when expected.

7

In General, If you have a 28 day cycle you will ovulate on the 14th day- you count from your 1st day of bleeding 14 days or 14 days back from the due date of your next period if you have a longer / shorter cycle - that will be the date you ovulate on. The egg lasts 24 hours so if you dont want to get pregnant dont have unprotected sex for at least 4 days after. It is NOT a foolproof method though so dont use it as the only form of birth control. Sperm can live for upto 7 days in your body which means it can be sitting there when you ovulate, so be careful.

Posted by: lischen | 2007/08/02

how long after my period,do ovulation starts and how long does it go on??????

Reply to lischen
Posted by: Lone Tree | 2007/08/02

Thank you SM & Tdk.

Reply to Lone Tree
Posted by: Tdk | 2007/08/02

NO, I don't think its possible.

Reply to Tdk
Posted by: SM | 2007/08/02

No, not possible.

Reply to SM
Posted by: Lone tree | 2007/08/02

Anyone else out there with some knowledge of gynaecology?

Reply to Lone tree

Well they are right to tell you to wait, whether you like to hear it or not. Wait for you period if you miss it take a home preg test. What ever the results if you still need re-assurance go and do a blood test.
No one can tell you yes or no. Just be realistic.