Posted by: Spokie | 2008/06/10

Why is life so full of heartache, questions and unhappiness. I myself am suppose to be the happiest person with all the friends and family I have and a loving husband but still I feel empty.

Something is missing in my life. I go to church but don't seem to find what I am looking for. I go for counceling with a Pastor but yet seem to walk out unfullfilled.

what is is I am longing for, what makes me so miserable?

Other people have bigger problems, yet I wake up unhappy and go to bed unhappy!

I really don't think a pastor would be qualified to help with this sort of broader and Existential discomfort. A skilled psychologist / psychotherapist could help, and that's who you should see. They're less likely to gossip among themselves than pastors, and like each other less !

Posted by: e.s. | 2008/06/10

dankie vir die raad, ek dink ook ek probeer te veel wees soos wat ek dink ander mense wil hê ek moet wees.

maar as ek moet wegbreek en myself wees sal ek dinge doen wat ander mense gaan seermaak

ek kan nie my man by alles betrek nie alhoewel hy my baie ondersteun is hy in 'n mate ook deel van die probleem. Hy is baie goed vir my maar soos ek sê daar is dinge wat ek soek wat ek self nie weet wat dit is nie.

ek weet die probleem lê grootliks by my, ek is onrustig en hartseer baie van die tyd.

Ek sal maar 'n afspraak maak en weer 'n sielkundige gaan sien.

Reply to e.s.
Posted by: E.S. | 2008/06/10

Probeer om dinge te doen wat vir jóú lekker is. Al doen jy dit aleen. Maak tyd vir jouself. Sê nee, as iemand jou vra om iets te doen, en jy het nie regtig tyd of lus nie. Moenie dat ander mense jou lewe reguleer nie.
Ek weet sielkundige hulp is duur, maar dis die moeite werd, met die regte gesindheid. 'n Psigiater kan ook jou medikasie hersien. Klink nie asof dit meer geskik is vir jou nie.
Ek wou ook op 'n stadium in my lewe in 'n hoekie gaan sit en dood gaan. En ek moes groot veranderinge in my lewe maak voordat ek op 'n meer positiewe manier kon aangaan met my lewe.
Probeer jou man betrek. Jy het ondersteuning nodig.

Reply to E.S.
Posted by: Spokie to Cybershrink | 2008/06/10

A phsychologist gives you have an half hour every second week, listen to your problem and then expect you to survive on your own. Just as you get to the core of your problem they tell you "sorry your time is up" see you next time and another R200-00 later.

What do I do with my sad feelings in the interim. How do I pick myself from the floor and be a human being again.

Work on your relationship, pretend to be happy, carry on at work but on the inside you are a broken person?

Reply to Spokie to Cybershrink
Posted by: Spokie | 2008/06/10

I am on anti-depressants because of a marriage of 18 years that failed. But that was a long time ago.

I want to be a happy full of energy person but can not find happiness. I want to listed to dark and moody music, I want to curl up in a corner and just CRY!

The anti-depresants is suppose to help not make it worse, I have been on them for over 2 years.

I do not want to see a shrink have been there they all talk in circles.

I met a person I can talk to but now all of a sudden he is no longer interested in talking to me! Maybe this is making me unhappy because he is rejecting my friendship, but I was unhappy before I met him.

Reply to Spokie
Posted by: Marcel | 2008/06/10

Perhaps you are suffering from depression? Maybe you should consider that. Some people have everything in life yet they are miserable - sounds like depression to me.
hope you find out why you feel this way.
good luck

Reply to Marcel