Question
Posted by: Niz | 2006/10/28

Alkaline Foods

Who is the best to provide me with all alkaline food items. I need to follow a purely alkaline food intake. I just realised many preservatives cause good products to acidic, like iced tea, hera aqua liquids. Which are the preservatives that are not good for an O+ blood group person. Which are the best preservatives or organic preservatives.

Dear Niz
I presume that you suffer from excess stomach acid or even ulcers if you say you are looking for an alkaline food intake. Stomach ulcers are caused by excess acid production in the stomach and if the patient has food in the stomach this give the acid something it can work on instead of attacking the stomach lining. In fact, the use of 6 smaller meals a day is a good idea when suffering from ulcers because this would mean that the patient practically always has some food in your stomach to prevent acid erosion. The patient should split up main meals into 2 smaller meals each. One of the most important factors in excess acid production and ulcers is stress. If you suffer from ulcers, you will have to experiment with the foods you eat that may cause problems (raw onions, garlic, cucumber, green peppers, very spicy foods and condiments, gas-cold drinks, very fatty foods, etc and all alcohol). This is often an individual reaction and you will have to keep a food diary to see what foods cause this problem and then cut them out. To relieve stress I would recommend that you should learn relaxing techniques, how to do deep breathing exercises and some form of physical exercise which is also relaxing, such as yoga. Going for brisk walks in the fresh air also helps to relieve tension. Most processed foods contain preservatives, so you need to basically eat only foods prepared at home. Organic preservatives are herbs (you can't use spices as most of them will worsen your acid production), vinegar and sugar.