Question
Posted by: Niki | 2004/11/22

Alergic to Dairy Products

My little Girl is 7 Months old and she's alergic to Dairy Products, can anyone give me some advise?

What may I give her for a treat? and aswell a Dairy free diet will be very welcome.

Hope you can help me.

Dear Niki
I am sorry to hear that you lassie is allergic to dairy products. I trust you have changed over to a milk-free formula? You will have to check the labels of all food products for milk, whey, lactose, etc, and avoid them. There is an excellent cook book called 'SA Cookbook for food allergies and food intolerance" by Hilda Lategan, which will give you plenty of ideas for treats and basic foods she can eat. Contact Hilda Lategan on (012) 546-6410.