Posted by: Yolandi | 2011/05/01

Alcoholism of staff member

Hi.Is there any type of medication to stop a person from drinking alcohol?We have a staff member that drinks each month-end and has driven with our vehicles under the influence without us knowing!!He is a good person, does his job well, except when he drinks. We have given him two chances before, warnings etc but nothing has worked.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You can consult a doctor for a prescription for Antabuse. This medication can be taken orally or even implanted subcutaneously. It will however, not stop the urge to drink but when alcohol is consumed, the medication will cause severe nausea and vomitting, thus encouraging the patient to stop the intake of alcohol.

Refer to the following link for detailed information:


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.