Question
Posted by: bosman | 2005/05/25

Alcoholism......

I just wanna know at what stage are you considered an alcholic?????

Getting a little nervous....

If one is looking for reasons to convince oneself that one is NOT alcoholic, one may very well be alcoholic. If one is not in control of one's drinking ; if the drinking takes priority over any other major responsibilities, if it interferes with your work, or your home or social life. If your social life revolves almost entirely around alcohol. If you can't face people or any other challenge without a stiff drink... If you have any such reason for concern, see a counsellor to discuss it and choose the wisest course of action

2
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/05/25

Hi there,
They say when you start using alcohol as a excuse, you've had a hard day and need a drink. I don't know what to do in a situation so have a drink. As soon as alcohol serves a purpose instead of being consumed just because you like the taste, then you are a alcoholic. I had to face the fact that I am an alcoholic, I drink because I do not want to cope, it is my way out.
Are you using alcohol or enjoying it for taste? You will know if you are an alcoholic. If you begin to question it, then you probably are. Remember a alcoholic is not necessarily a heavy drinker or someone who hides their drink or drinks on the job, it is the person as well that uses it as a "crutch".
Good luck and take care.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Paul | 2005/05/25

Maat, as jy begin nervous raak is dit sulke tyd.

anyway I reckon, if you cannot cope with simple things without taking a drink.

Reply to Paul