Question
Posted by: Heidi | 2007/03/14

Alcohol in the first days

I have been on contraceptive but am trying to conceive since September 06 and hope to be successful this time. I've been on holiday during the propable conceiving time and although I rarely have alcoholic drinks (maybe once a month) I had at least one glass of wine for 6 concecutive days. What is the effect of alcohol intake on the foetus in the first week? Should I be concerned about possible harm done?

While trying to conceive you should avoid alcohol in the second half of the cycle. You are on the borderline for intake that could affect the baby but, if you stop now, you should be okay.

1
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/15

No, there will be no risk at this stage.

Reply to Lou