Question
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/12/07

Alcohol in early pregnancy

Doctor,

I am about 4 to 5 weeks pregnant - confirmed by my docter - and about 2 weeks ago we had an end of year function which started the afternoon and continued for quit a while. I had quite a lot to drink at this funtion not knowing that I was pregnant - about 3 small glasses of wine, al lot of sparkling wine and some liquers after dinner. Will this drinking have an effect on my baby?

It sounds like you had the alcohol before the stage of implantation so the fetus should not be affected.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2007/12/07

no. besides, you'll probably find that you conceived only around that time. they work out how far you are from the first day of your last period. Congrats.

Reply to Nix