Question
Posted by: Velly | 2004/01/22

Alcohol cravings!!!

I am now 37 weeks pregnant and have been having alcohol cravings , wine to be precise! My boyfriend bought a bottle and he suggested that I could have one glass but I wanted the whole bottle! After one glass I feel like having more! I know drinking alcohol is not good for the baby but even if I see some people holding glasses on TV I feel like drinking!
Is there something I can do to stop this?? I have tried eating grapes, a lot of them but they dont help!!!

You will have to try to be strong. Perhaps grape juice would help.

3
Posted by: Velly | 2004/01/23

Thanks guys, I'm gonna try my best!
My friend suggested that I drink those alcohol-free wines! Although they do not taste like the real thing, they do keep my mind away from thinking about wine all the time!

Reply to Velly
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/22

I agree with Kippie, only three weeks to go so stay away from the wine.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/22

Oh boy!! You only have another 3 weeks to go, so try and stay away from that until then, and have a whole bottle the day you deliver (joking!!!)
Seriously, you are obviously aware of the harm it could do so I suggest not even keeping it the house as your cravings are strong and it is like being on a diet and keeping chocolate in every cupboard.
3 Weeks aren't that far away - you can do it!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Kippie