Question
Posted by: Shadow | 2007/06/13

Alcohol & Antidepressants

I was just wondering whether it's okay to have one or 2 social drinks while on anti-depressants. A few people have told me it's okay, and others say it's not.

I guess it depends on how social you are ! One or two isn't a fabulously good idea, but may be OK if only now and then and not regularly, AND if you don't drive afterwards -- the combination could make you rather more drunk than usual, and more than you'd expect. Significant amounts of alcohol interferes with the actions of the antidepressants, an alcohol itself is a Depressant drug.

2
Posted by: JustMe | 2007/06/13

I agree i think that it is dangerous. Had similar experience once and COMPLETELY acted out of character. Did something I would NEVER contemplate doing. Didnt even notice how much i was drinking. I think A DRINK may be ok but more than that is def dangerous

Reply to JustMe
Posted by: cj | 2007/06/13

no its not okay, dangerous if u ask me

Reply to cj