Question
Posted by: mso | 2007/08/26

alcohol and pregnancy

hi, am expecting my second baby but during the 10th week i took three shots of whisky which i regret because i havent taken alcohol for over a year. i never took alcohol nor smoked during my first pregnance nor am i doing so now except for that one time.i am planning to get an ultrasound done on the18th week of pregnancy. kindly inform me of the possible damage i may have caused to my baby.i am really worried. thank u

You should not have caused damage from this one event.

3
Posted by: beth | 2007/08/28

As long as it was that one time u don't need to worry..

Reply to beth
Posted by: Nono | 2007/08/27

I dont think it will do any harm to your baby, I had a bad craving for beer when i was pregnant and had about two glases to satisfy my craving and that was it. I dont think that you should continue any drinking but as far as im concerned and from my testing my baby is quite fine.

Reply to Nono
Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/27

Not too sure why you would want to drink whilst preg but it probably wouldnt have done too much damage if it was just the once. I would rather keep that lid on the whiskey for the remainder of your preg, rather safe than sorry.

Reply to Dee