Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2004/11/12

alcohol and early pregnancy

I am about a month pregnant, I would like to know if it is safe to have one drink at the moment like a cider (Hunters) or if I should rather not have anything alcoholic. I don’t want to do anything that is dangerous.

Best to avoid it completely. The effects of heavy drinking are well known but the effect of small amounts is less clear.

3
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/13

As "mama-to-be" correctly says, rather abstain totally.

You also have to abstain while breastfeeding & that inlcudes smoking.

Reply to dr anonymous
Posted by: mama-to-be | 2004/11/12

I've read that it has not yet been determined just how much alcohol it takes to harm your unborn your baby so its better to just abstain completely.

Reply to mama-to-be
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/12

You could read more about alcohol and pregnancy on pregnancy dot about dot com.
I would not drink any alcohol if I were you, but it's your say.

Reply to Norma