Posted by: Worried sick | 2008/09/03

On Friday night I had four glasses of red wine - without realising that I was pregnant. My period was due to start on Monday. I' ve tested positive today (I' m five weeks pregnant). I' m worried sick now - what are the chances of the alcohol having an effect on my baby?

There is a risk of about 20% of fetal alcohol syndrome.

Posted by: EL | 2008/09/05

Don' t worry about it, you didn' t know. People say that you can drink a glass of red wine every week while pregnant, but still - rather not.

Reply to EL
Posted by: Dee | 2008/09/04

It wont have an effect.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: ROS | 2008/09/03

Hi Worried Sick

It wont do anything, in the first 3 months. After that it can have an effect on the baby.

Reply to ROS