Posted by: KG | 2008/07/31

Dear Doc
My husband drinks every weekend (beer) and sometimes during the week. my problem is i am so afraid of his health that i make him take sentrum every day but i dont think they are helping him coz he has a very weak bowl movement and i know that its bcoz of his drinking bcoz we are healthy, my problem is that i dont know how to make his bowl movement better, i have tryed every medication prescribed by our GP.

Dear KG
If he drinks beer but does not eat properly he would not have normal stools as there are a lot of calories in beer but not much fibre or bulk. He needs to eat a well balanced diet with lots of fruit and vegetables ( 5 portions a day) , with complex carbohydrates like brown bread, brown rice or high fibre foods, and some proteien each day.

Posted by: KG | 2008/07/31

and i try to give him vegetables and he refuses he only wants to eat meat everyday and starch (potatoes, rice. ect)

Reply to KG