Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/02/23

ALCOHOL

I AM DRINKING FOR AK THE WRONG RESEON,TRYING TO GIVE IT UP, BUT FINDING IT DIFFICULT, ONE DAY AT A TIME, WILL KEEP YOU POSTED! I KNOW I CAN DO IT

Keep at it, Kasandra, you can do it. YOu've done it before, so you can be sure you can do it. Congratulations on making such a sound decision. Unless you were drinking prodigious amounts, there's probably no actual detoxification needed ; but as one tends to eat less well and wisely while drinking, and because alcohol can interfere with the absorption and storage of vitamins, its generally wise to take normal, good dose vitamin supplements, with the basic required vitamins ( most of the other iddly bits in multivite supplements are only put in there to try to justify the outrageous prices charged for these cheap chemicals ).
Any combination of alcohol with anxiety pills or other sedative meds, would indeed be likely to make you feel weird. And just watch your progress. Again, much depends on how much you were drinking. Some people can stop smoothly ; but if you were taking high amounts every day, your brain may protest at the sudden unaccustomed absence of the booze, and give one shakes, irritability, etc, even DTs, so in such a case one might need an inpatient admission for a few days to be more sedated while the alcohol goes, and then to cut back the sedation itself.
Good luck, and keep us posted !

2
Posted by: anon | 2007/02/24

Kasandra you need to repost your reply to CS as a new post if you want him to read it.

I would speak to a pharmacist and ask him but remember reading alcoholics need more vitamin C and B's so perhaps a good multivitamin with extra vit c and b complex vits couldn't do you you any harm.

Well done on your decision to stop and good luck!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/02/24

Hi Cybershrink

So you know me by now - think we have really connected over the years - but then again you help so many people on this forum...... I hope you realise just how much of a gaurdian angel you are to most people.

So yes! I made the decision last night to stop drinking, I did stop for 3 years prior to starting drinking again so ... I know I can do it again.

Any advise for me except - take it one day at a time?
Is there maybe a supplement I can take to help me with my detoxing process? I am on that anxiety pills at the moment that I mentioned the other day.... It makes me feel so weird but its probably because I am drinking while on it,

Reply to Kasandra