Question
Posted by: drinker | 2004/11/03

alcohol

I think all of you missander my qustion. I only drink too much, not an alcholic. Want to know how to stop. Just need to get rid of the stuff in my body. I do not drink every day, neither in the morning. I studied psychology myself. I dont need a rehab, onlly a detox. I live in Cape Town, but is preparead to go anywhere. Please help as I am desperate.

I have anything in life that is important to me, a Merc, a homee, wife,kids & money. The only thig is that my boss will fire me if he found out,as I already got a warning in 19999. Please help with a private doctor & clinic for a detox, not a reheab. My wife will see to the rehab. She is a qualified social worker

d, someone who is totally happy and who has no problems of any possible sort, doesn't drink too much ; and anyone who is drinking too much, could benefit from, and deserves, counselling, to improve their chances of getting through the rest of their life happier, more productive, and without needing any extra chemicals to help them along that way.
Further, nobody who merely drinks a little too much on occasions, needs detox. Nor do they receive warnings from their bosses. Only if one is drinking sufficiently too much, over quite a long period of time, does one need detox in the sense of a careful withdrawl from alcohol under medical supervision, so as to avoid the worst withdrawal efects, like DT's which is both horrible and potentually dangerous. And no competent doc ( generally it'd be a psychiatrist ) who would be needed to supervise a proper and safe detox, would agree to conduct such an exercise without properly assessing and advising the person first. So choose any good local shrink, and arrange to see him for a consultation and assessment of what you really need, and then plan together how to best carry that out --- if detox is needed, h and you can discuss how long it'd take to do that properly, and how to arrange this. Any clinic which would think of accepting you for detox WITHOUT a proper prior assessment from a psychiatrist, would be acting negligently and irresponsibly.
There's little risk of your receiving more help than you need, and more of a risk of receiving too little. So --- see a good local shrink, and get the help you deserve, so that things can go well in the future.
Do keep us informed as to how this goes.

1
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/04

Don't they do detox at Rehab? You need Rehab... don't kid yourself!

Reply to Inc