Question
Posted by: Karen | 2007/08/07

alchohol and fat burning

I read an article that said if you drink alchohol your body is unable to burn fat for the next 48 hours, is there any truth in this ??? So if we go gyming or spinning and come home have a drink or two maximum that means tomorrow and the day after we may as well not bother going !

Hi Karen

No, it wouldn't switch off the body's use of fat at all. I'm not sure where this rumour started from. It's always strange to wonder how misconceptions like this start. Sometimes there's a half truth to them, others, nothing, and this is one of those. So I wouldn't worry about it. You'll most definitely burn fat, no matter what you had to drink the night before. Obviously, if you go overboard, it will be one heck of a tough spinning session, but a drink or two, that's no problem at all. So just keep spinning and you will see progress.

1
Posted by: FitFanatic | 2007/08/07

Hi Karen

a Good man once told me, the only wrong exercise is No exercise. So what I'm saying is that if you had a drink the night before, do not skip on your training because of this nonsens. Research have shown that a class of RED wine a day is fine. However, try and avoid drinking alchohol if you can, this will def. increase your fat loss, but having a drink or 2 should not at all stop you from going to gym, nor do I believe that no fat burning will take place.

Spin ahead!!!

Reply to FitFanatic