Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2007/05/08

Alcat Allergy Test

I've read that this test covers up to 500 food allergies, sensitivities or intolerances. Can we get it here in SA and please tell me more about it.

Dear Lisa
The Alcat Allergy test is available in SA and as you say, it can test for a very wide range of food allergies. You would need to discuss this test with your medical dr who will arrange for you to be tested at a Pathology lab. For more information on allergies, visit the Website of the SA Allergy Association at: www.allallergy.co.za and click on 'Diet at the top of this page and 'Food-related disease' and read the various articles on allergies.