Question
Posted by: lady | 2006/04/05

air in the vagina

I'm 29, married, recently disabled in a car accident, on Oral Contraceptives, unable to have sex regularly due to pain and discomfort in my whole body.
I have recently had a big issue with feeling air escaping from my vagina. I am not involved in any 'blowing into the vagina" or anything like that.
I am wondering if this is a freak event which I shouldn't worry about or if I should go see my PCP tomorrow.

Many women experience this and it is quite normal. It is often related to the position in which you have sex. If it is possible for you to try a different position, it may help.