Question
Posted by: Toots | 2002/12/20

Air Hungry

I am 29 years old and experiencing severe pain on my left side from under my arm to just below my rib cage. i am experiencing breathing difficulty especially taking a deep breath which is painful. The entire are at the back of my throat is numb - i have no sensation of swallowing. i am presently only consuming liquids due to swallowing difficulty. I have no sensation of what i am drinking, what it tastes like, how hot or cold it is (i can drink a steaming hot cup of coffee but i would not be able to tell you how hot it is). i am battling to sleep at night. i am feeling extremely tired and have no energy. Please advice

Toots, I’m sorry I took so long to answer your question. As I said before, it sounds like it might be pleurisy, but some of your symptoms don’t fit in well. The best would be to see your doctor, as you might need to take antibiotics. Good luck.