Question
Posted by: jazz | 2005/12/09

Aient asking a stupid Q ?

Dear Doc.

I started exercising recently, free hand and weight lifting as well, but since my sexual appetite has just increased.Since am not married, neither do i have a girl friend and it will take some time to get one.Am a male of + 30.Shall I just masturbate whenever i feel to in order to relieve the sexual tension.Does it not effect my physical capacity since i am exercising and exercising hard.Kindly guide me as I dint feel to ask this Q to a sexologist.Am just worried that masturbation might not lessen my physical strength while at work out.

Hi Jazz

Honestly, I'm not sure of the answer to your question. I suspect it is no, sexual activity won't affect your physical strength. There are reports of sex before exercise actually improving subsequent performance (admittedly, this applies to sexual activity with a partner, not masturbation). So the short answer is I don't know, the longer one is that it probably does not affect physical capacity.