Posted by: Kobus Venter | 2011/10/14


Hi Doc. Please help. My mother has been positively diagnosed with HIV/Aids and recently got kidney cancer and also suffers from alcoholism. She is currently staying her boyfriend who is assaulting her physically and emotionally but she has no where to go. I''m currently not in a position to take her in and I don''t know of anybody else who is trustworthy enough for her to go stay with. She is willing to undergo rehabilitation for the alcohol problem. Is there a place where she can go where they will care for her which is state subsidized? Alternatively please refer to me someone/place who could assist me. Thank you so much.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you contact your nearest Hospice for assistance. Your closest hospital will be able to provide you with details.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.