Question
Posted by: hope | 2003/12/03

aids test

in the wake of Aids awareness, I have come to terms with the fact that the only way one is going to knopw their status is by doing the test. Though it haven't been the most pleasant decision to go and find out...........I have eventula decided to do it. But, I don't have any idea where to go or start.....are there things that I need to be aware of? What are the consititutional protocalls for me in doing the test? and a whole lot of information................Can I go and see my GP with regard to the test or it can only be done at certain places..........

finaly is there a web site that has the info that might help me to get to know a little bit more?

thank you

Hope, the easiest would be to see your GP and to ask him to take blood for an HIV test. He will be able to do the necessary counselling and answer all your questions. If you have any other questions, you’re more that welcome to ask me. Good luck.