Question
Posted by: private | 2004/12/07

Aids from mosquitoes

Can I get aids if I get bitten by a mosquito?

Private, it has been a topic of discussion for a long time, but it isn’t a practical possibility because the mosquito will have to be HIV positive and that can’t happen. You have to remember that in the case of malaria, the mosquito swallows the infected person’s blood, becomes infected with malaria and secretes the parasite in its saliva when it bites you.
The theory of the virus being able to live on the outside of the mosquito’s proboscis doesn’t hold water either because it will rub off when the mosquito bites you. Let me know if you have more questions. .

1
Posted by: ANdy | 2004/12/07

No you cannot get hiv from mosquito's, but I will tell you what is cary is the fact that after so many years of hiv being around there are still people liek you asking such questions, where have you been all these years?

Reply to ANdy