Question
Posted by: jab | 2007/03/23

AI question

Hi, doc. We went for AI on the 19th of March. I would just like to know how soon do we go for a blood test if my cycle is 26 days. And also, since yesterday I have had a discharge almost similar to when I ovulate. Is this normal ?

Dear Jab

It is best to do your first pregnancy blood test (beta quantitative), two weeks after an insemination. A repeat blood test can be done 48 hours thereafter to confirm a positive viable pregnancy.

4
Posted by: jab | 2007/03/24

No, it was a natural cycle.

Reply to jab
Posted by: Sam | 2007/03/23

did you use injectables or clomid or was it a natural cycle?

Reply to Sam
Posted by: jab | 2007/03/23

Hi Doc, sorry I also forgot to mention that my ovaries are throbbing. So I suppose it would then mean that I did not conceive this round.

Reply to jab
Posted by: Nix | 2007/03/23

Your blood test can be done 14 days after your AI - regardless of how long your cycle is. You can however hpt 12 days post AI

Reply to Nix