Question
Posted by: mishka | 2008/08/06

AI from Sperm donor

Have done ivf - didnt work. We cant afford to do another ivf.
Please explain to me how the Artificial Insemination with a sperm donor works? What is the approx cost of this?

Dear Mishka

Donor insemination is a simple process involving the use of a sperm donor and injection of the sperm specimen into the uterus at the time of ovulation. The cost is usually between 1000 – 2000 rands depending on whether ovulation induction is necessary or not. The sperm donor may be selected from one of the registered sperm banks such as Cryobank South Africa.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim