Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/05/11

Agressive cat ?

Hello All
We have a cat hater in our neighbourhood. Quite a few cats have been found dead lately. My one outdoor / indoor cat (the others are all indoor cats) got a bit sick lately, so I took her to the vet who thought it was a poison of some kind. Anyway, I have kept her indoors since then. All was fine for the first 2 weeks, but now she has become very agressive. She fights with everything moving or not !! She is constantly hissing and spitting. Last night I woke up to the whole growling, hissing, spitting show, and the only thing I could find anywhere near her was her own shadow !!
I have tried giving her some rescue drops, but she wrinkles her nose up so much that she ends up sneezing the rescue right out, all over me naturally !!
Does anyone have any other suggestions. I am just so scared to let her go outside especially since we don't know who it is that is doing this to the cats. I rather prefer a hissing, spitting Pepi than a dead Pepi.
Thanks guys

Please get hold of the Feliway Vapourizer. I know I keep saying this but it really does work in most cases. It is not cheap but when it works it is really good value for money. Plug it in in the room where the cat spends most of her time.

Is it possible she was bitten last time she went out? Is there possibly a small abscess causing her pain as well?