Posted by: bambi | 2008/07/30

Ageing with beard?

I am a 35 year good looking female. My problem is that It seemsas I am getting older, I have hairgrowth under my chin, it was only about 4 hairs which I plugged out, but as the months goes by, it seems its getting more? Whats happening, growing a beard? So scared that it will be black stubbles? what can I do, what cause this? HELP!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Bambi, thank you for the question.

This type of hair growth may be normal or it may be related to hormonal changes. My advice is to consult with your gynecologist or family doctor who can send your blood for analysis and thereby eliminate a medical cause. Once this has been established as being normal your best approach would be to undergo permanent hair reduction.